West Virginia University Institute of Technology is situated in Montgomery, West Virginia. This institute is a 4-year college. It is one of the biggest regional college grounds of West Virginia University as well as separately recognized from the major university grounds of West Virginia University that is in Morgantown. Being a branch of West Virginia University. Locals usually call the institute WVU Tech, simply Tech or West Virginia Tech. In 1895, Montgomery Preparatory School founded this college, which is a sub-college school of West Virginia University. In 1917, this school was estranged from WVU as well as renamed as West Virginia Trade School. In 1966, the school intermingle a Community College and began to reward the postgraduate degree in 1978, in engineering. The college turns out to be a regional college ground in 1996 of West Virginia University. In 2007, WVU became a WVU Tech.
The women's basketball team of WVU Tech earned a starting point in NAIA National Tournament by winning the conference tournament. The committee structure of West Virginia University consists of Board of Governors that has 5 committees: Finance and Operation Committee, Regional Campus Committee or Community and Technical College, Audit Committee, The Planning and Policy Committee, and Executive Committee. The Planning and Policy Committee includes Master Planning, Strategic Planning, Supervision, Control, Capital Planning and educational policies as well as affairs management.
West Virginia University Institute Of Technology offers many master degree programs in engineering that prepares students to apply scientific and mathematical principles towards the development, design as well as operational evaluation regarding total systems and solution to the huge range of engineering difficulties, including the combination of human, energy, physical, communications, information, and management requirements as desired. In 1978, this university began to award degrees in masters in engineering in 1978. In 1996, this college was re-merged under its present name in to West Virginia University.